“7 Rules of Life:
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. Don’t compare your life to others, and don’t judge them.
You have no idea what their journey is all about .
5. Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know all the answers.
They’ll come to you when you least expect them.
6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7. Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.”
There was a bulky package in my mailbox. I hadn’t ordered anything, and only the company’s return address was on the package. I opened it to find this totally awesome travel mug in the shape of a Canon camera lens. Immediately, I made some delicious press pot coffee so I could try it out (note steam). My secret giver’s gift has moved me to tears. Seriously. I really don’t know what I’ve done to deserve such kindness, and I don’t even know who to thank. I just feel so humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude that words really don’t suffice.
In an unusual move, I’m also including a shot from yesterday. I posted it to facebook last night, and the reactions have been wonderful. This was, in my opinion, the most beautiful spot on Wells Hill, with a unique view of West Liberty (note hospital just to the right). Judge Ralph Walters’ home under a canopy of mature oak trees topped this pinnacle for as long as I could remember. That is, until the tornado. The house and canopy are gone, and these stick trunks are all that remain. Yet, I still find it incredibly beautiful. It’s just a different kind of beauty. It makes the 7 Rules of Life all the more important to remember.